Monday, January 25, 2010

DT5MSVYT - Part the First

Salutations Internet. So here we are, day one of the list, or rather, The List. I suppose I could jerk you around and build up suspense, but it's Monday, no need to add more stress hey? So enough of my yakking, let's boogie.

Video Numero Uno

This first pick was actually the simplest for me to make. Tony vs. Paul is a video that has been one of my favourites since I joined YouTube way back whenever that was, and to this day it remains one of the first videos I show off whenever I find myself comparing my taste with someone else. Made by Paul B. Cummings in 2006, Tony vs. Paul is an incredible display of what can be achieved using little more than your imagination, stop motion, and a loooooot of free time (two months so according to the video's FAQ, available on YouTube if you're curious).



I've always been impressed by people who are dedicated enough to their craft to produce a quality piece of stop motion. There's just something about it, the combination of erratic movements and impossible actions I suppose, that really brings out a sense of wonder in me.

Hopefully that brought a little joy to your Monday. See you tomorrow!

Douglas Gohl Piper; wishes he was special (you're so very special)

No comments: